One of the biggest things I took away from Whole30 is a renewed love of veggies. Before Whole30 I would have said I love veggies, but the experience challenged me to incorporate them into my cooking more frequently and in better ways. Before, I might have quick steamed some broccoli to go with dinner, but now I'm using veggies as more of a base to work from, rather than an afterthought. And I am eating them much more often with breakfast! Starting the day loaded with nutrient dense foods is, of course, a great idea! So, why don't we do that more often? Good question.
10 min, serves 2
-2 1/2 T coconut oil, separated
-5 small radishes, sliced
-1 golden beet, chopped
-1 1/2 t minced fresh dill
-Salt & pepper to taste
-2-3 handfuls of greens (I used kale and spring mix)
1. Heat 1 T coconut oil in skillet.
2. Add radishes and beets and fry until browned, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add dill and stir while frying about 1 more minute. Add some salt and pepper and stir.
4. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Add 1/2 T coconut oil and saute the greens until soft, about 3 min. Sprjnkle on a pinch of salt. You want them to be warm, but not mushy.
6. In nonstick pan, heat 1 T coconut oil and fry eggs however you desire. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.