Easy to make raw and vegan for your hip friends.Read More
I haven’t been very active on here lately. We’re in a busy season of life with jobs, kids, community, etc. I have been trying to focus on what we value most and focus my time on those things. I need to be present during our family time, invest in relationships, and get rest. So, I’m still cooking every day, and even making new recipes, but I’m a little behind with photographing and documenting. But, life has seasons. This one is good-just requires different attention. Thanks for your patience with me! I made this recipe quite awhile ago now and am finally gettin around to sharing it! It is so tasty and easy-you'll love it!
Herbed Potato Patties
1 hour, serves 6
7-8 small red potatoes
1/4 c olive oil plus some for frying
3/4 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t fresh thyme, minced
1 t fresh rosemary, minced
- Fill large pot with 2 1/2-3 quarts of water. Add the potatoes and bring the water to a boil.
- Boil the potatoes until they are soft enough to break with a fork, about 20 minutes.
- Strain the water from the potatoes and move the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary and stir until well combined.
- Heat additional olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Scoop a small amount of the potatoes, shape it into a patty, and place gently on the skillet. After several minutes, once the fritter has browned slightly, flip to the other side and fry for several more minutes.