Christmas Eve is tomorrow and I don’t have much to say. The last few days have been filled with holiday festivities, friends, and family. We went to a Christmas party this week and played music at a holiday show. We spent quality time with long-distance family, embracing the outdoors as well as the coziness of our home. I feel very thankful. Our house is full of Christmas lights and the smell of baking bread. (I’m making apple bread for the neighbors this year.) I’m reflecting on the peace and hope of the birth of Jesus. I pray that whatever feelings Christmas might bring up in you, that love overcomes it all.
25 min, makes approx. 18 cookies
1/4 c softened butter
1/4 c coconut sugar
3 T molasses
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/2 t allspice
1/8 t nutmeg
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 c coconut flour
1 c almond flour
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Stir together the softened butter, coconut sugar, and egg.
- Add the molasses and all the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the salt and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut flour and almond flour and stir just until fully incorporated.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough, roll it into balls, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a cooling rack.