Today marks the start of Homegrown Music Festival 2017. This is one of our favorite times of the year. A week of music, art, laughter, and, mostly, friends. It tends to feel like a city-wide coming out party. Coming out of winter hibernation to wander the city streets once again. I love seeing so many people walking around outside at all hours. It's energizing and exciting. I love seeing friends everywhere we go, dropping some here, finding more there. This is a week of community. Cheers to that!
It is very likely I will not get as much sleep this week as I normally do. I am going to be prepared with nourishing food so that I feel as energized as possible. I really love making Whole30 approved meals. I think it is a great way to eat. It doesn't have to be all the time, but I know my body feels great when I feed it this way. So, here's another Whole30 recipe for you. It's easy and quick. Also quite messy. I warned you.
Tuna Stuffed Peppers
serves 2, 35 min
2 bell peppers, cut in half horizontally and seeded
1 c arugula
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 t course sea salt
3 T olive oil, separated
3 T balsamic vinegar, separated
2 5oz cans tuna
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/4 t ground mustard
1/8 t cayenne
1/4 c walnuts, chopped small
1. Heat oven to 400 F
2. Place halved peppers in oven safe skillet
3. Spread arugula evenly in peppers, pressing down into them
4. Place 1-2 slices of tomato in each pepper and sprinkle with coarse sea salt
5. Drizzle 2 T olive oil and 2 T balsamic vinegar over the peppers
6. In small bowl, mix tuna, the rest of the spices, and 1 T olive oil
7. Press the tuna mixture into the peppers.
8. Spread walnuts over the tuna.
9. Bake for 30 min
10. Drizzle 1 T balsamic vinegar over the peppers once removed from the oven.