This is the best time of year to hit up the Farmer’s Market. Everyone’s veggies are so colorful and abundant. I love coming home with a big bag of treasures, laying them on the counter, and figuring out what to do with all of them. Today I nailed it. I’ve seen cauliflower pizza crust recipes around for a long time, but always thought it sounded like a soggy mess. Turns out, there are nice little tricks to make a cauliflower crust that you can actually pick up and eat like regular pizza! Wringing out the cauliflower made a huge difference. A lot of recipes have you partially cook the cauliflower beforehand. I like to keep things simple and this didn’t seem necessary. My raw cauliflower cooked just perfectly in the oven alone. The Farmer’s Market toppings are, of course, flexible to whatever you bring home from the market. I found these awesome garlic scapes that tasted amazing diced on the pizza. And a summer pizza always needs summer squash and tomatoes to feel fresh. But do with it whatever you’d like! Be sure to hit up the Duluth Farmer’s Market soon to snag some more awesome veggies!
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
40 min, makes 1-10” crust
2 c riced cauliflower (about 1/2 of a large head)
1/2 t salt
1/8 t onion powder
1/4 t dried basil
1/4 t dried parsley
1/4 t pepper
1 c shredded cheddar cheese (or preferred cheese)
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet or pizza stone.
- Place riced cauliflower on a towel or cheesecloth, wrap it up, and wring out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in medium bowl.
- Scoop cauliflower mixture onto the parchment paper and shape into a circle, about 1/2” thick.
- Spread desired toppings (see below for Farmers Market pizza toppings) evenly across the pizza.
- Bake until the cauliflower crust and the cheese are starting to brown, about 35 min.
- Let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
For Farmer’s Market Pizza…
- Spread 1/4 c pesto over crust
- Place chopped garlic scapes, diced red onion, sliced summer squash, and sliced tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 c shredded cheddar cheese evenly on top
- Bake as directed above.