Alright, I’ve hit the part of winter where I’m losing motivation to go outside. I don’t want to ski or build a snowman, I want to sit on the beach in the sunshine. I want to go outside with one layer of clothes, rather than six. We’re getting there, right? I’m not a naive Duluthian. I’ve lived here all my life; I know we’ll probably get three more snow days before Spring comes at the end of May, but I can hope. In the meantime, maybe I’ll invest in some more houseplants. That always makes me feel cheerful. Or I could visit the Sun Spot. I’ve never tried Duluth’s mobile spot to combat winter blues but I think it might be just what I need.
These muffins are so delicious. Everyone in my family loved them. And I loved knowing the kids were eating them with all those good ingredients. I will probably double the batch next time because this one did not last nearly long enough.
Coconut Banana Muffins
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 c honey
2 t chia seeds
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 c coconut
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 2 cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
1/3 c coconut flour
1 c almond flour
- Heat oven to 375
- In medium bowl, mix softened butter, honey, and egg until fully combined. You’ll have to whisk it to mix the honey in well.
- Add chia seeds, mashed bananas, and coconut and mix well.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and stir well.
- Add coconut flour and almond flour and fold it into the batter.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 18 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool on cooling rack for several minutes before eating.