Summer has arrived. At least, summer vacation is here. The weather today was not very summery, but I have hope that it’s just around the corner. I think we have a great summer ahead of us. Now that we are out of the tiny baby stage it opens up more possibilities. However, I am a little nervous about how to keep the twins entertained every day. They have been used to a great part-time preschool schedule and I am not nearly as fun as ten other preschoolers. We’re going to enjoy Duluth in its prime, though, and get outside as much as possible! That’s the main thing on our summer to-do list!
Remember that sourdough bread recipe I shared with you? Well, I’ll often use a chunk of the dough to make a pizza crust. Pizza is one of those things that B enjoys having weekly. I don’t mind at all. I like to load our pizza with veggies and other goodies and it turns into a really nutritious meal! It is also really fun to make mini pizzas for the kids to top themselves for a little family activity. Our kids LOVE making their own personal pizzas. Let them play with the dough for awhile and they’ll go nuts. The pizza we made last night was a Thai Chicken Pizza and, oh my goodness…delicious. This will definitely be added to the regular rotation of pizzas in our house!
Thai Chicken Pizza
30 min, serves 4
1/3 of the dough from the sourdough bread recipe
2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t ground ginger
2 T olive oil
1/3 c peanut butter (no sugar added)
2 T coconut aminos
1/2 T fish sauce
1 T rice vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 t white wine vinegar
1/2 c shredded carrots
1/2 c chopped red cabbage
1 c shredded mozzarella
1/2-1 c mixed greens, chopped
1/4 c fresh basil, shredded
- Roll dough into large circle about 1/2” thick
- In medium bowl, mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, ginger, and olive oil. Add strips of chicken into the bowl and stir to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink at all, about 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients until fully combined. Spread sauce evenly over the pizza crust.
- Place chicken strips, carrots, cabbage, greens, and basil evenly over the pizza. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 min, until the cheese is starting to turn golden brown on top.
- Top with hot sauce, if desired.