Although we aren’t officially doing Whole30 right now, I end up making a lot of Whole30 approved meals. Check out their website if you have no clue what this means. It was a really beneficial experience for us in a lot of ways.
I feel much less creative when it comes to making food in the summertime. I want to be outside as much as possible and we just seem to be going different places a lot. Yesterday was a busy day in the sunshine and I was getting hangry. I wanted something quick, clean, and protein filled. Enter sweet potatoes and turkey. This was the perfect simple meal that the whole family ate really well, Baby E included. And since ground turkey tends to be a more economical purchase than other meats, we will definitely keep making this one a lot!
Turkey Sweet Potato Pile
1 hour, serves 4
4 sweet potatoes
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c chopped red onion
1 lb ground turkey
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
2 c chopped broccoli
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Place sweet potatoes on foil, poke with fork, and bake until soft (about 1 hour)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet or pan.
- Add garlic and onion and cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ground turkey and the spices and cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add diced tomatoes and bring to simmer.
- Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is just soft (about 7 minutes)
- Scoop turkey onto a cut bakes sweet potato and enjoy!