I’m spending less time in the the kitchen these days and more time outside playing. Summer is going by way too fast to waste time indoors. I often don’t leave myself a lot of time to make our meals so I’m stuck throwing random things together as quickly as possible for the hungry children. I’m trying to be better about prepping things ahead of time so these last minute meals are still nutritious, not just toast or cereal. :)
I love having chicken around to throw on salad or pair with some roasted veggies. This recipe makes really moist, flavorful chicken that is great right out of the oven or slice it and store in the fridge to pair with other food throughout the week.
4 large chicken breasts
5 c sliced portobello mushrooms
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 c olive oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 t dry basil
- Heat oven to 375 F
- Line 9x13 baking pan with foil. Place chicken breasts on foil.
- Spread mushrooms evenly around chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle all the spices and the minced garlic over the chicken breasts.
- Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the top.
- Bake for about 30 min, or until meat thermometer reads 165 F