I think I woke up about every 15 minutes after 4am checking to see if school was canceled today. Snow days are such a great feeling. B and I snuck downstairs to try not wake up the kids. We get so excited on snow days, it’s hard to sleep in. We did get to enjoy a quiet cup of coffee for awhile and the kids slept in a little bit. It’s been a fun morning of playing Story Cube (awesome game), building car ramps, making chore charts, and more. I love looking out the window and watching what the weather is doing today. Someone, who will remain nameless, accidentally knocked the last roll of toilet paper into the toilet, so we will have to head out into the snow eventually.
I’m thinking about doing another Whole30 in February. I’m not entirely sure if that will be a good time yet. In the meantime, I’ve been trying to create more Whole30 recipes. Whether or not I am officially “doing Whole30” I find I really enjoy eating that way as much as I can.
These egg cups are delicious. I love getting my veggies in for breakfast and brussel sprouts are one of my favorites. I think I will try making these in bulk on the weekends to have on hand for a quick breakfast during the week!
Bacon & Veg Egg Cups
25 min, makes 7
7 pieces of bacon
3/4 c diced brussel sprouts
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/8 t salt
- Microwave the bacon for 5 minutes. Lightly blot off some of the grease.
- Wrap the bacon in a circle in the cup of a muffin tin. It doesn’t need to be covering the bottom, just the sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced brussel sprouts, minced garlic, and salt.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 T of the brussel sprout mixture into each muffin cup, filling it about halfway.
- Carefully, crack an egg into each cup, so that it is held by the bacon.
- Bake for 18-19 minutes, less if you want very runny eggs.