Alright, the first cold snap I handled very well. I enjoyed the sun, sipped tea, and focused on feeling cozy. This time it’s a little more difficult. I’m not exactly sure why. Maybe some part of me thought the first time would be the only time. Now I’m just afraid it’s going to last all winter. I need a winter boost. I’m not yet one of the lucky folks that gets to travel somewhere warm in the winter. Maybe someday! Until then, I need to figure out how to thrive here. So, if you have any suggestions, please let me know! I’m trying to ski as much as I can, and just get outside frequently. I just finished a book, so I need to find another good one to dive into. What else should I do? Paint? Yoga? Organize? I need ideas to get through this season!
Ooh, roasted veggies always help me feel good. They’re one of the best side dishes, don’t you think? I'm calling these Pot o' Gold veggies simply because...that is what they look like.
Pot o’ Gold Roasted Veggies
1 hour, serves 4-6
1 small rutabaga
2 golden beets
1 medium-sized sweet potato
1 small onion
2 1/2 T olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and chop the veggies into 1/2 inch cubes
- Pour the veggies onto a large lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle on desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Stir the veggies around a little so the olive oil coats everything.
- Bake at 400 F for about 50 minutes, until veggies are nicely browned.