I seem to be on a rosemary kick these days. I just love the fresh flavor it brings to so many different foods! I can have it on tuna one day and in chocolate chip cookies the next. It's amazing.
We're technically done with Whole30 now, but this way of eating has been so good for us that I'm still cooking that way most of the time. These chicken thighs were quick, easy, and super delicious. I just had mine with a salad but you could pair them with almost anything-sweet potatoes, roasted veggies, etc. I almost lost my leftovers due to our coonhound sniffing out their delightful aroma. Not today, pup.
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs
20 min, serves 2
-4 bone-in chicken thighs
-1 T coconut oil
-1/4 t salt
-1/8 t pepper
-1/2 t paprika
-1/2 t lemon zest
-1 t chopped fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Mix salt, pepper, paprika, lemon zest, and rosemary in a small bowl.
3. Rub the spice mixture on the chicken thighs, making sure most of it gets on the skin side.
4. Heat the coconut oil in an oven safe skillet on medium high heat. Make sure it gets nice and hot so the chicken doesn't stick.
5. Place the chicken thighs skin side down in the skillet. Let them sear for about 5 minutes, then flip to the other side for another 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the skillet to the oven for them to bake the remainder of the way. This should only take about 5 minutes. Test the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165 F.