Quick and clean.Read More
I will definitely be using this sweet potato pie base in future recipes! It was great for breakfast and I think it could be filled with pretty much anything!
Bacon Leek Breakfast Pie
30 min, serves 2-3
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Base:
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c crushed walnuts
- 1/4 t salt
for rest of pie:
- 1 leek, sliced
- 6 bacon strips, cooked
- 3-4 eggs
- 1 T olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 F
- Mash sweet potatoes in bowl with walnuts and salt
- Spread 1 T of olive oil in pie pan. Spread sweet potato mix in pan and press to fill the whole pan evenly.
- Place leeks evenly into the pan.
- Crack 3 or 4 eggs on top of the leeks.
- Place in oven and bake until eggs are cooked, about 25 min for runny eggs
- Lay bacon strips across the pie